Free Webinar June 20 on Equitable Engagement
Register now for this deep dive into approaches that work.
Local government staff recognize the value of hearing from all members of their community — or at least their responsibility to pursue it. Yet many of us struggle to effectively reach and/or keep the attention of anyone other than the usual suspects. Whether it’s during a planning process, at the implementation stage, or getting feedback on projects and ideas, it can be a challenge to get the quantity and quality engagement that is representative of your community — and that sets you up for long-term success.
On this webinar, we’ll walk through the tactics you can employ to build a more diverse choir for your community’s work.
Join this webinar if you want to:
- Think through which organizations in your community you could leverage to reach a more diverse audience and how to do that
- Learn how to utilize various communications tools and techniques to engage the broadest audience possible
- Find ways to integrate simple practices into daily routines and ongoing work
- Hear examples from local governments that have pursued equitable engagement strategies
- Ask questions about your unique challenges and opportunities (we’ll leave plenty of time for Q&A)
If you attended our “Beyond the Usual Suspects” presentation at APA’s National Planning Conference recently, this webinar will offer a deeper dive on the topic along with specific examples.